Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cinnamon, cardamom and apricot mini doughnuts

Ingredients:
for the donuts
  • 5 TBSP unsalted butter, softened
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • ½ cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • pinch salt
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • apricot jam
for the topping
  • ¼ cup butter, melted
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
Instructions:
  1. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar
  2. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined (mixture will look curdled)
  3. Mix in the baking powder, then the salt
  4. Mix in the flour just until combined
  5. I was using mini donut pan, so I transfered the mixture into a piping bag. Pipe into the pan only filling ½ of the way fill. If using the mini muffin pan, fill each well ½ full
  6. I useda mini donut maker, so I baked my dougnuts for 4-5 minutes.
  7. After they were cooled down, I cut them in half and coated one half with apricot jam. I put the halfes back together.
  8. Melt the butter for the topping and combine the cinnamon and sugar
  9. Dip each donut lightly in butter then roll in cinnamon and sugar
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Nina Erzen. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig