Monday, January 26, 2015

Life hacks: looking back, looking forward,...

I am a planner! I love lists, planning and scheduling, but the fact is I am not as organized as anyone would think. Each year I make small plans that sometimes turn out to be bigger as they seem. I always have a career goal, on the back of my mind, that has to be, in some way, achieved. I was always really in doubt about my career path and my interests, but things changed after I finished high school. I have allowed myself to finally let go of bad thoughts and fear of what other people thought of me (not me physically but more of my actions).

I started doing and still do, things that make me happy. Things that make me better as a person and most importantly things from which I can grow! Whenever I think about doing something now, I always think about what I will gain from it. My time has never been spent feeling more productive and/or satysfing before! That is why for the past years I have traveled a lot, read a lot of books, been an au pair in U.S. and Germany, gained a bunch of skills, started writing a blog and through that I have found what I want to do.

I have always toyed with the idea of moving abroad and pursuing my dreams somewhere, where they can be fulfiled better as in Slovenia (sadly, but not really). Due to my parents moving to Germany and my love of England, I have always thougth that one of this countries would be a place where I would take my first leap of "faith" (tha sounds so cliche). But one summer ago after I came home, from my two months in Milwaukee and traveling, I have set a goal to visit my aunt in Canada at least for a week. That was my goal before I knew, that me and my best friend will start to plan a trip to Asia. So "the Asia plan" moved to the front line of my plans. We did that, came back to Slovenia inspired from all our conversations (90% of our conversation is about our future plans and supporting each other) and experiences, both with our own goals in mind. For me it was visiting Canada.

You probably don't know that I was born there, so Canada for me always stood for something more than just a place to visit. I don't know why exactly but when I was a kid it always had a special place in my heart, even though I didn't know a thing about it. So what I have been wanting to share with the internet (if anyone is even reading this) is that after all the thinking, of visiting my aunt, I have actually decided to move there.

I AM MOVING TO CANADA! (there I've said it). This has been the idea for a couple of months now, but I don't like to say anyting, unless I am a 100% sure about and about the moving part I am sure now! I am moving there and at first I will probably stay at my aunt's (for a month or so) and then I will try to find a job, an internship or a college that I want to pursue (I have a couple of things in mind already and actually have some posibilities already, but nothing is for certain just yet!)

When, you ask? I don't have a date yet but sometime between the end of may and the beginning of september. First I have to finish my diplomma, graduate and then I am off. I am saving money already and looking for job oportunities there. I actually got my citizenship already and that makes a lot of things easier.

For the past few days I am having those moments where I am really excited but also really nervous and sad beacuse I will be living friends behind and Canada is not as close as Germany or England. But I know that everything will work out and hopefully I will have some more information about my move soon!

  Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to be!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Nina Erzen. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig