Monday, August 3, 2015

A month of first impressions

A month has passed, since my move to Toronto.

When it comes to living in Canada, I'm quite lucky to be Canadian, which means I didn't have any problems, with taking care of the basic things (bank, social insurance, health insurance and work permit). probably it wouldn't be so easy to get the basic stuff sorted without having a passport or some kind of canadian ID.

As much as I would love to say that everything was easy, I can't. I still didn't find a job. I'm not looking for anything specific, since I'm planning on going to school for Make-up later in October, but I still need a frequent money income. Otherwise I won't be able to live here. I'm looking for anything right now, from coffee shops to retail stores that would hire me. For now, I had some interviews but nothing that would be worth it. I was again lucky to get some work this month, since my aunt is an artist\fabricator and she had some work for me. As the job is done now, my savings are running out and in a city that isn't cheap, that can be easy.

After october I will have to find a place to live in and the rents here are freaking hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Hopefully since then I will be able to find work and a "cheap" place to rent. I'm not expecting my own apartment, rather a small room that I will be afford to rent for the time being.

On a happier note I looooove the city. I really feel like I could live here for a while. I'm in my twenties and a life in the bigger city than Kranj or Ljubljana is much more exciting and can offer me a better quality of life. I'm used to nature and peace, but both of the two things I ca also find here in Toronto.

I think I'm going to compare life in Slovenia and in Canada from my perspective, i don't know yet what I will be comparing. I was thinking of writing about food, money, people, nature, shopping, events, ... if anyone has any other ideas, let me know!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love the photos! I wish you luck with finding your job!

    x, Katja
    http://stylish-flower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Hopefully I'll find something soon.

      Delete
  2. Kjut slikce in držim pesti, da najdeš službo in da boš v Torontu uživala maksimalno ;) (Tamara)

    ReplyDelete

© Nina Erzen. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig