Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Felling a bit meeehhh

In last post I covered my first impressions of my move to Toronto and what I am basically doing here and why.

Almost another month has passed and even though right now I'm filling a little bit meeeeh, I think I still got some things done. I was searching for a job quite franticly since I really need money. I definitely didn't come here to sit at home and feel sorry for myself or wait for someone to help me. I went through all the job adverts online, I went outside and literally walked into the shops and restaurants, asking If they're hiring. I sent emails to all the magazines that I liked, If they needed someone (of course, I still don't have my diploma from journalism-hoping to finish it in December!) without a diploma. I went on a couple of interviews (more specifically 6), I probably sent about 3 job emails per day in the last two months. I started baby-sitting a neighbor's 8 year old son (I always somehow find someone who needs a baby sitter, since I really enjoy doing that and can actually earn some money with that). I on occasion still work for my aunt and I started working for a very nice coffee shop|bakery, where the interior is so nice I would actually move there. I don't know why but this is already my second job at a bakery. For know I'm quite new but I really enjoy working there, even though it is not something that I imagine doing for the next  5 years, it is definitely a nice place to start, especially since I don't really now what I want form life. I'm definitely not a person who would want an office job from 9-5, so that is why I wasn't really looking for something like that. I rather work with people or  do something crafty, then insert data and fill out forms all day. I'm working in a nice place with cakes and great people, while learning latte art, which I have always wanted to master. That is all when it comes to my job, I found IT!

I was also looking for an apartment, at the beginning of October I'm starting my course and my aunt and her boyfriend are moving away, so I wanted to find something before the October craziness begins. As I've said I don't have money to rent a whole apartment on my own, at least not know, so the only thing that was possible for my pocket was to find a room in a shared apartment or house. I was looking for something inexpensive and in a cool-nice area. Luckily, I started to baby-sit and the woman liked me so much that she offered me a place to stay.  No rent, just occasional baby-sitting! It sounds weird when I say woman, because she is actually a friend of my aunt's. She is so down to earth and nice, and also I get along well with her son (playing video games, finally payed off). For me this was such a nice gesture form them and I'm very grateful. I have a place to stay from october on, until I find something on my own later on. This will be a chance for me to safe money and live without constant stress. A place to live in - checked!

The reason why I'm felling so meeeeh, is because for two months I have been doing all the things on my own and getting to know the place, I still have a lot to see and do. But now, that I've done the important things, I don't know what to do with myself. Don't get me wrong I still go and do stuff everyday, but what I want to say is, that it doesn't fell like a city I'm living in yet. I don't fell at home here. I usually connect home with the people and not so much with a place. When we are living, we always have a routine or at least we know how we are, who we are, and what we do. Here I don't have that yet, so sometimes it fells like I'm just on an extended stay here. Probably it's just because I need time to really start doing what I came here to do, and things will fall into place.

At the end things always fall into place.

my current mood



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Super, da si dobila stanovanje oziroma a place to stay :) in pa, da imaš vsaj nek vir prihodka, vse ostalo pa bo že še prišlo. Je pa verjetno res težko, ko se nekam preseliš in to sam. Ampak verjamem, da boš slej ko prej dobila občutek pripadnosti v novem okolju in da se ne boš več počutila tako meeh. ;) (Tamara)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hvala za spodbudne besede :) tezko je samo zato, ker pogresam koga s katerim grem lahko na kavo. Vem, da se verjetno slisi smesno, samo to je edina stvar, ki mene osebno najbolj motivira in pomiri :)

    ReplyDelete

© Nina Erzen. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig